[Linuxsampler-devel] SFZ and RT instrument scripts
Christian Schoenebeck
2017-01-10 13:32:25 UTC
Hi guys!

Since most of you seem to be in favor of the sfz engine nowadays, I just added
support for real-time instrument scripts to the sfz engine as well now. For
that purpose I added a new sfz opcode "script". You can find out more about
this new opcode here:

http://doc.linuxsampler.org/Instrument_Scripts/#sfz

And since I was at it, you might notice that I also added an entirely new
documentation section dedicated to the sfz file format:

http://doc.linuxsampler.org/sfz/

Because as of to date there is unfortunately no single place on the net where
you can find sufficient, detailed informations about the sfz format for free.
Most sites just list i.e. opcodes, but without describing their intended
behavior in detail (or at all).

Any volunteers on filling up informations about the sfz file format *very*
*much* *appreciated* ! Keep in mind, the better this format becomes
documented, the better we can implement it to behave as expected, and the more
people will use it. You can find the sfz documentation's source files here:

http://svn.linuxsampler.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/doc/docbase/sfz/

Our site automatically generates syntax highlighting for sfz code, as well as
cross references to mentioned sfz sections and sfz opcodes automatically for
you. So our site already cuts away the major mechanical tasks when writing
such documentation.

CU
Christian